You have the right to be married at St Stephen’s if:
- at least one of you lives within the parochial boundaries of this parish or is on the Church Electoral Roll of this church
- neither of you is divorced (if you are divorced different rules apply: please speak to the Vicar).
Under the 2008 Marriage Measure you may also marry at St Stephen’s if you have a ‘Qualifying Connection’ with this church. In short a Qualifying Connection exists if:
- one of you was baptised or confirmed here
- one of you has ever lived in the parish for six months
- you have ever regularly attended worship here for six months
- your parents lived here or worshipped here during your lifetime, or
- any of your parents or grandparents were ever married in this church.
A special form needs to be filled in to demonstrate such a connection.
Further information on marriage in an Anglican church in England can be found on the Church of England website Your Church Wedding